Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Week-ending…Recap

I wanted to post this yesterday but life got in the way…

This year Thanksgiving was actually enjoyable!  There was no minimal bickering/drama.  A week before Thanksgiving my dad announced that we were going out to a buffet and of course I had to throw a hissy fit.  Well I guess it worked because the week of Thanksgiving he said we were doing our traditional feast.  Yeah!  Anyway, we did the drive home Thanksgiving morning and although my mission was to get there before 9am, it didn’t happen and I missed my beloved Macy’s Day Parade (sad face).  Oh well, there’s always next year.

This was the first year that we were actually on schedule with dinner (insert high five!).  My g-ma from Hilo came to spend the holiday with us which was nice since the rest of my family rarely sees her. 

I ventured out of my normal baking and made apple crisp.  My dad said “OMG!  This is so good!  It’s to die for!”  I got the recipe from Natalie over at The Busy Budgeting Mama.  I’ll be sure to post the recipe later and you can bet that I’ll be making it for Christmas.

My brother and his gf went to Wal-Mart for the Black Friday or pre-Black Friday or whatever they call it.  I was very tempted to go with but I was stuffed to the brim and totally dysfunctional.  Haha.  The mister and I went on Friday around 11am (minus the radicals) and I was kicking myself in the rear for not going the night before because, of course, everything was gone.  Duh, Jenn!  The mister scored his drill set at Home Depot and we got the rest of the stuff to finish our kitchen.  Anyway, Target had a Nikon digital camera on sale for $99 and I missed purchasing one by 4 hours.  Gosh darnit, if we didn’t spend HOURS in Home Depot I would have scored one.  But that’s okay, I’m just stoked that I got 99.9% of my Christmas shopping done, I got to spend some qt with the mister, and I got my Hayashi fix.  Oh Hayashi, how I’ve longed for you…it’s a hole in the wall sushi joint where you can make your own roll.  Well, not really make it yourself but you can choose whatever you want to go in your roll.  And the prices are awesome.  5 bucks for 8 jumbo pieces…I was in heaven.

We made the drive back home on Saturday and I ran into a sweet friend that I haven’t seen in months.  I also got to see her little man that I’ve named the Michelin Man because that little guy has the cutest rolls!  It was still daylight when we got home and the mister was so excited to use his drill that he went straight to work in the kitchen.  He put up our shelf, installed the new door handle for my pantry and then he wanted to put up the door for our hallway closet.  He was so drill-happy that he kept asking me if there was anything else I needed done.  Boys and their toys…

And that’s about it!  It was very peaceful, relaxed, and I was happy to be surrounded by my family.

I hope y’all had a Happy Thanksgiving and an awesome weekend with family and friends.

Until then,
jenn

No comments: